View Single Post
Old March 14, 2000, 08:43 PM   #9
Big Bunny

Um...this may sound a bit like a non-sequitur, but I find often even animals far smaller than man are NOT stopped by a shotgun, due to vitals/bones being missed by the pattern, so why man ?

My modus operandus is "One shot rolls 'em - the next finishes 'em ",(adrenalin boost can make an exit possible or even probable, after the first shock/knock-down, as long as all limbs are OK). But often you have to be very quick in/near cover.

I have had a big feral cat hit fair in the midships at 15m range with a CYL choke with 1- 1\4OZ of #5 (BR sizes not US)shot.. make two circles and make it over to a thick lantana bush on the creekline, to only then finally expire.

So now I always give foxes, feral cats and dingoes two shots even at relatively close ranges as "insurance" after some Lazarus-like re-incarnations and escapes in the past!
[With a DB(U/O or SxS)you could alway say it was an accident or the gun malfunctioned .. IE under cross-examination afterwards! But with a pump I am not so sure.]

This may be non-applicable to your US scenario, Oleg and might have legal implications, but I give you my 5c worth anyway....hit 'em quick and fast -twice !

------------------
***Big Bunny***

Page generated in 0.02362 seconds with 8 queries