View Single Post
Old April 25, 2009, 10:09 AM   #58
Ricky

Traffic stops

This is a little off subject as I live if California and don't have a carry permit.
Many years ago my wife and I went shooting. We were on our way home. I had a .22 rifle in a gun rack ,back window of my pickup. A sheriff pulled me over "Because I could see that is no bb gun there" I pointed to my S&W Model 19 in a pistol case on the seat between my wife and I. I said well, if you are concirned about a .22, that's a .357 in this case. I was pointing to it, hands were not near the zipped case at all. He jumped back and put his hand on the butt of his pistol and asked me to hand it to him. I complied and before taking it he asked me to take it out of the case. I looked at him, thinking about how nervous he seemed to be and asked him if maybe he should take it out. He relaxed a bit and agreed with me. He took my gun back to his car and ran the numbers. In those days a lot of cops were carrying that gun and he told me he wanted to make sure that it wasn't a stolen cops gun.
He handed me back my gun and praised me for having my ammo in the back of my pickup, guns in the front in plain sight.
I'm sure that this whole thing happened because we were just entering our neighborhood, It was our 1st. home and in one of the poorer neighborhoods in the area.
My point is, I was complying with the law. I was curtious and respectful and this guy was so nervous I can imagine things getting ugly real fast if I had done anything wrong.

Page generated in 0.02312 seconds with 8 queries