View Single Post
Old March 16, 2011, 07:30 PM   #58
noelf2

Quote:
This business about dogs just "snapping" or reverting forward to feral "at any time" is just plain nonsense.
No, it's not, but we'll never be in agreement. I come from a line of dog breeders, way back to the great depression where my Grandfather made a living raising purebred dogs, mostly little foofy dogs like Pekingese and Pomeranians which were popular with folks that had a bit of scratch. My father raised registered German Shepherds (white) and Collies. Just wanted to add that info so you don't think I'm making up what I know to be true. Dogs have been so inbred to achieve desired attributes that they are rife with physical and mental disorders, some unseen until the limp, the seizure, or the "snap". Most people can't trace the bloodline of their dog back more than 1 generation. The previous generations, at some point, were inbred as hell. I've seen the "snap" first hand, several times with different dogs that were trusted. Dogs are loved, I get it. Most dogs will never go berserk, but it shouldn't be a big surprise when they do. Also, if you take people out of the equation, dogs will ALL revert back to pack hunting animals in a quick way, if they aren't eaten by other dogs first.

Page generated in 0.03080 seconds with 8 queries