View Single Post
Old June 9, 2013, 09:57 AM   #41
Ozzieman

First day out for a Glock 34.

First day out for a Glock 34.
This was the first time out with a new 34 I purchased several weeks ago. This is a gen 4 with Trijicon sights and replacement of the trigger set at 2 ½ pounds.
The trigger is very smooth for a Glock. Reset is still a little long for me but since this will be a competition gun I’ll have to get used to it.
Saturday and 400 rounds later I’m a little disappointed.
Reliability, I know many people say that if a gun needs a break in then it’s a piece of junk, maybe so but then this one was a piece of junk.
Of the first 100 rounds I had 13 failures from failures to feed or stove pipes. Although that disappointed me I will have to add that these were my reloads and were loaded to medium pressure. The disappointing thing is that these same reloads function flawlessly in two different Berettas, a G26, S&W 3906, and an MP5.
The empties when extracted barely made it past my strong hand or bounced against my chest and fell around my feet. Some I actually saw roll off the top of the slide.
Once I got pass 100+ I had no more failures but I still don’t like the lack of extraction energy.
I ran a box of factory Remington hard ball and had no failures but again extraction energy is low. I ran 1 magazine of Winchester silver tip and again no problems and the empties ended up to the right 2 feet from my feet.
One other problem, at 120 – 150, when I was inserting a new magazine. When reloading I place my index finger out of the trigger guard and along the side of the frame. I felt something sticking out.
The pin that holds the trigger in had worked its self out about a 1/8th of an inch. I pushed it back in with a 223 round and I had no other issues after that.
The sight, the rear sight is a Trijicon peep sight. Target accuracy is not that good. If you look at the photos attached to the previously you can see the type.
When held in a normal shooting stance the front sight only fills the rear aperture by less than 20%. There is a large gap on either side of the front sight. Vertical alignment is difficult since the only help is the two dots on either side of the peep.
With practice I was able to get groups down to 5 inches at 15 yards. With conventional Trijicon sights on my G26 I can easily beat that.
This gun was purchased to compete in action pistol shooting and on the last 5 magazines I put up 3 targets from 7 to 15 yards spaced more than 5 yards apart.
That’s where these sights shined. I always shoot with both eyes open and this makes it even easier. The front sight stands out since you can see the entire front sight along with a small portion of the slide even with the top of the front centered.
Multiple targets timed these are very good sights and I’m glad I had them installed. Swinging the gun from target to target it was easy to keep the front centered in the rear. Very easy. It also made multiple shots easy.
With these sights this is the fastest gun I have ever owned for multiple targets.
The only thing here is that I want to change the front from green to red. With the darker back ground red works better.
The photo is a 15 yard target off hand and 5 of the last magazines

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.

Last edited by Ozzieman; February 12, 2017 at 06:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.03569 seconds with 8 queries