Thread: Crow Hunting
View Single Post
Old November 27, 2000, 06:22 PM   #2
BadMedicine

well....

How you hunt crow depends on how you like to hunt.
Are you a bird hunter that want's to brush up on some fast wing shooting? If so, I recommend calling them, either with a mouth call, or an electronic caller. They have actuall "crow calls" that sound like crow talk, butyou can also use a rabbit in distress varmint call, I've had them come in while calling dogs many times. Be sure to wear camoflauge, and conceal yourself well in brush, or a blind of some type. Crows have awesome vison and will spot you if you're not careful, also don't make any movement until you're ready to shoot.

OR....

Do you like to use a rifle and pick off targets from long ranges? If so, I recommend using bait. Either gut piles from big-game season, left overs from any small game adventure, or scouting for road kill and farmyard carcasses. (drag the road kill aways from traffic.) Set your self up from 50-400 yards away (your preference) and get ready. I would use a couple crow cackles, or a squeel on a rabbit in distress call to get the first few birds in the area, they'll do all the calling for you after that, Move as little as pissible, they'll pick up on it and head out if you dont, but most the time they'll come back again and again till the carcass is gone.

Page generated in 0.02216 seconds with 8 queries