View Single Post
Old January 7, 2014, 11:24 AM   #5
Damon555

Yup....it's a lowly DPMS LR-308.

The brake is very functional....yes it's noisy but I've shot many rifles (and handguns for that matter) with them and always wear double hearing protection. The rifle didn't recoil all that bad without it but now it's less than my AR 15 and I'll find out today how well I can spot my hits with it.

Speaking of spotting hits....The scope is a Leupold VX3 8.5-25x50 with side focus and the varmint reticle. It's probably the second clearest scope I've ever owned.....second only (very slightly) to a Swarovski that I dearly loved but traded for a few guns. Let's just say that the view through the scope is extremely clear and bright.

The trigger has been upgraded to a JP 3 1/2 pound single stage that has adjustable sear engagement and over-travel. My gunsmith had never installed one before but he said that it was one of the nicer AR triggers that he's messed with.

Initial load development has not been that great. Groups have been hovering around the 1.5 inch range. But the general consensus is that after you get 100 or 200 rounds down the barrel it will settle down and it appears to be headed that direction. I've only got 60 or 70 rounds through it so it's almost there. And my DPMS bull 20" AR 15 is incredibly accurate so I'm confident that the 308 won't be far behind.

Page generated in 0.03062 seconds with 8 queries