View Single Post
Old February 8, 2013, 04:19 PM   #26
harrys ghost

Here is the response I got from my representative (who did not appear to sign the letter):

Quote:
Thank you for letting me know of your thoughts regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

Like you, I was saddened and angered by the murder of these 26 innocent people, including 20 elementary school children. As the father of four daughters in school and the husband of a teacher, I was shocked and scared by this tragedy and recognize the pain these parents are feeling as they attempt to cope with and understand the loss of their sons and daughters.

In the wake of this tragedy, we need to come together in Congress – and in communities across the nation – to study what is needed to make our schools and neighborhoods safe and prevent similar atrocities from occurring again.

Despite this heinous crime, I remain a strong supporter of our Second Amendment right to responsibly bear arms. Instead of just targeting the legal right of law abiding citizens, we should find new and better ways to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. I also support increasing awareness of mental health issues and looking at ways that we as a community can better support families raising children struggling with mental illness.

Thanks again for sharing your concerns, as I appreciate hearing from you. Please let me know whenever I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Erik Paulsen
Member of Congress

Page generated in 0.03079 seconds with 8 queries