View Single Post
Old April 10, 2009, 01:47 PM   #15
kirpi97

After reading all the posts, I cannot understand why none of you good ole boys haven't found the filler of choice used by all the great trail boss wannabees throughout history. I only learned of it by my misfortune.

Boot polish. Thats right. I have found brown boot polish to work the best. Not only does it lay down a protective barrier on the inside of your barrel; it gives it a nice sheen. Rustlers everywhere will comment about your shiny pistoles.

But you need to be warned to use only the correct boot polish. You can't just take it straight from the can. No, it must be extracted from off your boots using a small scraper device. You only want to take a thin layer that has been sun dried for days. And in the crusty old hands of a rancher, this will turn to a dusty powder in no time. Be careful not to wipe your nose during this process. I wouldn't want any of you to be seen as a brown-noser.

As a side note to those of you who do a lot cattle work, be careful not to take the polish from off your boots without first cleaning your boots. There is a good chance the polish will be mingled with cow [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]. And I would hope that all you good ole boys can tell [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] from shinola.

But for those who are unable to recognize the difference, may I suggest you walk in the bull pen before extracting the polish. This way the cow [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] will be replaced with bull [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]. And I have found that bull [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] blends very well with shinola when spinning these tall tales.

Last edited by kirpi97; April 10, 2009 at 01:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries