View Single Post
Old June 1, 2010, 10:54 AM   #20
LordTio3

Wow... let's settle down...

Puntmefar:

Welcome back to TFL and please don't be discouraged by a few nit-pickers. There are always a few in the bunch. Personally, I believe everything I really need to know, I learned from my mother at an early age. This one in particular should deal with giving constructive responses, or keeping your nit-pickey post-count down for the day. I clearly understood everything you said. I wish to respond constructively. If I was annoyed, I'd hit the <Back> button.

Personally, I feel that you handled yourself admirably. Specifically with the phrase, "Don't worry about my gun, it's staying where it is." This says many things with one simple phrase.
1. I am not a threat to you.
2. You need not worry about my weapon.
3. I do not wish to engage you, but if you engage me, you will not get my weapon.
And it could be taken any or all of these ways by the target.
-Well done.

One thing I could have added that I would need clarification on was the exact position of the encounter. Were you headed to your friend's house and were stopped? Or were you on your property before the alley? Or were you on your friends' property? If you were on the city-owned street/alley (public property) and the encounter escalated, it could have been a much more messy issue to clean up for the DA/your lawyer. However, if you had spoken to him while moving to, or further into, your or your friends' property and he followed you onto your/friends' property in order to escalate the situation, you are justified in a more clean-cut sense if it came to you defending your life; and it would end up being a much simpler issue of tresspassing, threatening, and assault.

Besides, I believe you have the Castle Doctrine in Kentucky as well. I know we do in Indiana.

Hope this helps and good job making sure everyone got home okay. Lord knows there are too many carriers who are just waiting for an opportunity to "throw down".

~LT

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries