View Single Post
Old February 1, 2009, 02:32 PM   #148
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Why then don't you just go ahead and call the man a liar?
There is a big difference between being a story teller and a liar. Is Stephen King a liar?
Quote:
You have said you were a LEO and an army officer in previous posts. Are you required to prove this claim? No. Doesn't mean you weren't a cop and an army officer if someone doesn't believe you, does it?
If you followed my earliest posts you would find I did back up my claims to my previous professions. Even very cute pics of a young me in my uniform. Still, I am not the one making a living off feeding questionable information to people. Anyone else in here that has been an LEO or received advanced training will probably agree that Ayoob is more regarded as a fiction writer in professional circles than anything else. He writes some good stuff, and much of it is informative as well as entertaining...but if you start taking it as gospel and use it to validate your personal decisions you are probably not choosing the best source.

He is a controversial and entertaining figure. I think he likes that. I think he puts himself in that position in purpose. it is a great way to promote yourself and have success, which he has. People just need to realize that when treating his writings as scripture.

In this case, his opinion is being used to validate carrying two guns. Instead of deflecting the issue why not address his reason he gives and question the credibility of the idea.

Simply put, what does he base this claim upon? How often has it actually happened? How likely is it to happen? Who has it happened to and when?

Last edited by Playboypenguin; February 1, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.02631 seconds with 8 queries