View Single Post
Old February 7, 2007, 04:45 PM   #17
dgludwig

Thanks everyone for the inputs; it's all been interesting and helpful. As in so many cases, it does seem to come down to personal choices. Waynedm was right when he opined that it all comes down to three things: cost, bottom ejection preferred or not, tang safety position preferred or not. The Browning costs more; I slightly prefer bottom ejection (I wish I'd kept the old Ithaca 37 I sold many years ago) and I (sorry liliysdad!) greatly prefer a safety on the tang. And to The Gamemaster, though I agree with your position in theory (keep all gun functioning positions and operations as similar as possible), in reality, over the years, I have easily adapted myself in short order to many, many different modes and configurations of firearms. I own and use (including hunting) bolt-actions, slide-actions, semi-autos, lever-actions, single-shots, side-by-sides and over-and-unders; top, side and bottom ejection and safetys located on the tang, in front of the trigger guard, behind the trigger guard, on the trigger guard in the front (Ruger Mini-14) and on the trigger guard in the rear (Browning Double-Auto). I am also mindful and appreciative of the old adage: "Beware of the one gun man."

I'm still undecided

Page generated in 0.03513 seconds with 8 queries