View Single Post
Old March 26, 2002, 06:02 PM   #5
boris_01

I am a combination. I've trained in - Ishin ryu karate- American combat Jujitsu- Boxing- Muay thai- Judo. I gravitate to Muay Thai, boxing and Jujitsu. Hated Karate and judo. Too structured and rooted in tradition. I don't want to waste half my training time doing katas and bowing to everything. Although I did pick up some valuable techniques and experience from them. I just would rather train in reality based styles. Where you actually make contact and use techniques geared for actual combat. I don't get into the spiritual mumbo jumbo, using outdated, traditional weapons or into breaking boards and bricks. I want tested and proven techniques. Tested in sparring and proven in successful application in sparring and or competition. And don't reply and hound me about competition is not reality. I know that. But it is a good avenue for practicing against an unwilling opponent in a controlled environment without the threat of death or serious injury.( Hopefully.) I understand that there are techniques that would be used in a real situation that are not allowed in competition. But practice the ones that are allowed so you may become fluent.

Page generated in 0.03362 seconds with 8 queries