View Single Post
Old May 21, 2009, 08:14 AM   #12
Dingoboyx

+1 mrappe

Good idea to stay well clear of the Winchester '94 rifle for CAS. I started shooting CAS with a Win '94 Little Big Horn in 44-40, it was brand new, never fired when I got it, but the action is terribly clunky (as all Win '94's evidently are).... JAM-a-Matic! nothing but jam, jam, jam.....

The reason being, the action on the 94 brings the round up at about a 45 degree angle from the mag to the breach.... when you try to cycle fast, the bullet often stands straight up, or crashes into the breech, or the spent case falls back in the ejector port causing a jam.... was awfull and very embarrassing I now have a '94 Marlin, 23" cowboy in 44 mag.... not slicked or anything, but super smooth and fast

The earlier Winchesters are ok, coz the bullets come up from the tube mag flat and feed much better.

Correct, 30-30 is not useable in CAS.

That shotgun looks fine, most folk I know shoot coachguns, but a few use longer barrels.... so no probs.

Fingers.... 44 magnum is a good CAS caliber for rifle too I shoot 2 x Vaquaro's, 5 1/2" (old west mottly case hardening) in .44mag & the Marlin in 44mag & have a Rossi hammered coachgun (hammers are a bit slow, I wouldnt reccommend it to a noob)

Page generated in 0.03671 seconds with 8 queries