Thread: Summit Safes
View Single Post
Old August 16, 2010, 07:56 PM   #12
a1abdj

Quote:
So, do you think it is better to buy locally, even though it seems to be at a premium price compared to what seems to be offered online?
Yes, if the company you are buying it from is a legitimate safe company. They will be able to provide you with an education, install the safe properly, and service it in the future. You are also supporting your local economy.

I just got a call today from a small manufacturer that I do business with. They have a "dealer" who's nothing more than a website that sells safes at a discount. The local buyer saved a few dollars, but can not get into their safe.

Ordinarily, I'd instruct the buyer to have the people that sold it to them hop on a plane and fly down to fix it (they can't, and they wouldn't even if they could). I'm only going to fix it as a favor to the owner of the manufacturing company.

I don't mind working on safes purchased from myself, through a local competitor, or sold through a large contract directly from the manufacturer. I will not work on safes bought online if those safes are available locally. If the safe owner insists, they pay a premium which would eat up any savings they may have made with an online purchase. I say this as a guy who sells safes online himself. I still suggest buying them locally, when possible.

Page generated in 0.03424 seconds with 8 queries