Thread: .357
View Single Post
Old April 20, 2013, 10:47 AM   #18
2ndtimer

Obviously, the best advice has already been given: try out as many different makes and models as you can and pick the one you like best and can afford. I have owned quite a few over the years: S&W Model 28, 586, 686, Ruger Security Six, Speed Six, GP-100, Llama Commanche (my first centerfire revolver, cut me some slack), Colt Lawman, Trooper, Python. They were all decent, some better than others. My personal favorite is the S&W Model 28 with the 4" barrel, but they are hard to find in nice shape and becoming pretty pricey. Since I didn't want to abuse my nice older one, I bought a new Ruger Stainless GP-100 a couple of weeks ago with the 6 inch barrel. Figure I can use it for the warmer loads and longer range shooting while the Model 28 handles the light loads and closer range plinking. I also have a very nice SP-101 snub for carrying when I am not packing the Glock Model 19. I heartily recommend the stainless GP-100 in either 4 or 6 inch barrels for the best buy in a new .357 Mag. Good luck finding one, and even better luck finding reasonably priced ammo for it.

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries