View Single Post
Old January 14, 2011, 12:22 AM   #94
youngunz4life

conn trooper

Sir, I don't doubt your story, but sometimes you just have to see it in black and white! I am not buying that, but once again there is no malicious intent in my disagreeing here. When I was in college I specifically remember the campus police searching my buddies room as only one of many examples:

probable cause with RA(resident assistant) smelling pot and then a bunch of underage kids drinking(was funny though - we were all drunk but every single beer can was completely empty). more than once when they searched his stuff they asked what stuff was not his and was his roomates. They were not allowed to search any of the non-present roomates belongings or personal items and/or area. They knew it was against his rights, and quite frankly they knew they couldn't do this. I remember other examples where the campus police had to follow the rules(all of this on campus obviously). many frats are off campus and thats not campus police. I never signed anything, but I guess the residents at this local college in a different state had different laws. That reminds me of correctional officers- they can obviously and rightfully should be able to search living quarters at any given time no questions asked or reason(s) needed, but campus security thinking they can just out of the blue enter my "residence" so to speak and give a look thru. I would've definately had a problem with that - even as a young, clueless teenager.

Page generated in 0.03056 seconds with 8 queries