View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 12:04 PM   #12
BigJimP

I've shot a lot of TiteGroup ..in 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 acp, .38 spl, .357 mag and .44 mag..../ and with any powder....you have to know what the published Minimums and Maximum are....and if they're close together...you need to be careful !!

If you look at some of the Hodgdon marketing literature....it says it was developed for accuracy / flawless ignition with all kinds of primers / and in large volume cases like .45 Colt, .357 Mag, .44 Mag...the position of the powder in the case ( because there is so much room for it to move around ) has no affect on velocity or performance. Low charge weight, clean burning, mild muzzle report and superb uniform ballistics....

....kind of exactly what we all want ...in our reloads....
----------
I did move away from TiteGroup because I couldn't get it locally in 2011 and 2012 ....and moved to Hodgdon Universal, which I've also been happy with...but its a little dirtier.

I'd go back to TiteGroup if it was readily available in 8 lb kegs in my area again.....( I go thru abut 16 - 20 lbs of handgun powder a year )...and I use Universal in 20ga and 28ga shotshells too...and my club stocks it / so its easy to pick up an 8 lb keg when I need it. Last time I ordered an 8 lb keg of TiteGroup ---after 6 months, they still couldn't fill my order thru our local distributor)....and that was in 2011 - prior to the shortages these days.

Page generated in 0.03821 seconds with 8 queries