View Single Post
Old February 23, 2013, 09:08 AM   #6
MLeake

Corrections Cop,

I am not a lifeguard. Nobody had heartburn when I swam out into an alligator infested, weed-choked, nasty lake to help a woman who swam too far out in pursuit of her dog.

I am not a firefighter. Nobody complained when a friend and I alerted people that their house was on fire, helped them exit the house, and assisted one of the residents in putting a garden hose on the fire as we awaited firefighters. (I keep fire extinguishers in my vehicles, my bedroom, and my kitchen, too.)

I am not an EMT. Nobody complained when I and several other non-EMTs pulled over at the site of a vehicle rollover on I-95, and helped stop the bleeding on an 8 year old boy until deputies and an ambulance arrived. (We made good use of the first aid kit I keep in my truck; I have them in all my vehicles except for my motorcycle, which has no storage capability.)

I am not an animal control officer. Nobody has complained when I have stopped dog fights, or helped inexperienced dog owners regain control of their enthusiastic, large-breed dogs.

I am not a tow truck driver. Nobody has ever complained when I have helped them out with changing a tire, or jump starting their car (I keep a jumpstarter/light/battery unit in my vehicle, along with cables), or helping them dig out from snow or sand (I keep an entrenching tool in my truck and in the trunk of my wife's car).

So, if I wasn't a "First Responder," what exactly was I?

Page generated in 0.02951 seconds with 8 queries