View Single Post
Old February 23, 2012, 09:28 PM   #23
wayneinFL

Quote:
Quote:
I feel like those of us that have been around TFL for a while should self-police and lead by example.
The forum is what the members make it. The mods can try to keep the peace, but we're hugely outnumbered. Ultimately it is the members who determine whether this will be a place that informs and entertains or one that irritates and misdirects.
I agree with that wholeheartedly.

This used to be a very serious forum. It wasn't uncommon for experts like Masaad Ayoob to comment here. And one of things that led me to taking a hiatus was that things seemed to fall apart here a few years ago. Scenarios posted in T&T just got plain goofy. Behavior of forum members got a little heated sometimes, etc. I wasn't dissatisfied, so much as I just had better things to do.

So, after a little time away I stepped back in, became active, and what do I do? The exact same thing I've been complaining about. I got on here tired, misinterpreted a comment and just went overboard. Again, I apologize. And not just to the people in this thread, but to all the members of thefiringline.com, the people of SWAT magazine, Rich Lucibella, and any other interested parties.

Next time I get bent out of shape, I'll go to bed, sleep three or four hours and look at it again to see if it makes any sense.

Page generated in 0.02235 seconds with 8 queries