View Single Post
Old November 7, 2005, 12:44 PM   #27
Harley Quinn

In a time not that distant, we were taught to move to

our left, by stepping with the left foot and dropping into a crouch by bending your knees and raising your weapon to your alignment of eyes and shoot. By doing this you have reduced your size and moved. You also have reduced your time to raise your weapon up, (by lowering your body and raising your weapon at the same time) Both hands on weapon, it is very fast and accurate.

My first round would be going off prior to completing the total movement and probabley hit the person in the thigh or groin area. I train myself to do this all the time. I prefer a cross draw holster, than the waist in the woods, but I carry at the waist with CCW. The cross draw is a good one, for this because you are moving to your left and if you are right handed you are moving where your weapon was.

If at all possible get to cover quick, if not. Move stop shoot, move stop shoot.
Going to the ground is not all bad, but you have got to roll and shoot roll and shoot. Moving and shoot, is the key, you need to investigate this and practice.

Harley

Page generated in 0.03507 seconds with 8 queries