View Single Post
Old January 31, 2012, 04:58 AM   #599
iron maiden

I hope it doesn't die?!?

I've got all 3 of the Rugers in 327Mag....Blackhawk, GP100, SP101.

They're all well made guns, but I won't need to go into the fact that Rugers are well built guns.

For me, the process of getting a 327 came about purely by accident. A couple of years ago, I was at the gun shop and I saw a nice looking Blackhawk. When the clerk told me it was chambered in 327, I almost put it down. But he showed me the amount of ammo they had on stock, and offered me a good price on it with a few boxes of discounted ammo.

I'm so glad I bought it. That cartridge is fast! Recoil is mild, and you can put more rounds in it than in a similar sized 357.

Sometimes, my gun shop is out of ammo, and other times, they're overflowing with it. Similar to everything else, I guess. I've been the deciding factor for at least two other men who bought them based upon my recommendations. One man wanted a gun for his wife (SP101) and another man wanted a nice single action bigger than a Single Six that wasn't going to kick all that much, and he ended up with a Blackhawk.

I can't think it will ever die. My guess is that it'll be like the 41Mag....a nice cartridge with a devoted following which remains under appreciated by the majority of shooters.

Page generated in 0.03347 seconds with 8 queries