View Single Post
Old September 17, 2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Mike / Tx

Quote:
I have lubed bullets everywhere even a few hundred on the dining room table
Few more questions though
Should I wait two weeks to size them and does it matter if there air dropped or water dropped? I would give them at least a week if air cooled. Water quenched, they say, should be sized right away to reduce the amount of hardening removed from the exterior. I can say this, if you wait, they are a bit tougher to size, but I haven't noticed it making an overly large difference.
Also when I look at the amount of lube that’s supposed to be put on just don’t look like it is enough
So they really only need a verry light coat before and after sizing just barely enough to tint them
with no real buildup in the lube groves? Yepper's, that's about the extent of it. I have to admit that on my 300's destined for the 454, I don't sweat the added color, and some of them are VERY WELL lubed. As for the lesser pressured and velocity loads for everything else, then yes it only takes a VERY light coating. My thoughts are, I am not putting them in a beauty contest, and I keep them in a sealed box until ready to shoot unless hunting with them. If using them for the latter, it is pretty easy to simply wipe the excess off the noses in order to keep them from picking up any grit or grime. Other than that they all get a pretty good double dosing, once for sizing, and once again afterwards. About the only thing you will find with a bit of excess is a bit more smoke when you pull the trigger, or possibly a buildup in your seating stem.
Hope this helps

Page generated in 0.04874 seconds with 8 queries