View Single Post
Old March 11, 2008, 09:20 PM   #9
douglasschuckert

the typical answer is YES. It is safe to shoot wet. BE CAREFUL. You DO NOT want to overfill the can. If it's a .22 then about a bottle cap full AT THE MOST. If its a centerfire about 5cc's MAX. AWC says use 3tbl spoons in their cans (some models).. This is too much - it will cause baffle strikes... For most .22 cans, just spit in the back of it and it will do the trick.

BUT YOU WANT TO CHECK WITH THE MANUFACTURER FIRST JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. Shooting a can wet once or twice will NOT hurt the can. If its a constant thing, and its not made to handle being shot wet, you're going to hurt your can (the old washer and spacer type of baffle stack).. If you overfill the can, you can BLOW IT UP (again the old washer and spacer stack). If you're using the typical 'K' or modified K baffle configuration (98% of all modern suppressors use this type of baffle or a derivative thereof) a little artificial environment in the ass end will NOT hurt the unit AT ALL. CCF makes an artificial environment that is easy to clean up and is VERY effective. More so than water alone. Just keep in mind that unless you're shooting one of Advanced Armament's Evolution series, you're going to get dirty, but there are more effective suppressors on the market than AAC's units... I know I own several of their cans.

THIS IS ALSO SPEAKING ABOUT PISTOL CALIBER'S. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, WET A RIFLE CALIBER. IT WILL DO NOTHING TO SUPPRESS THE REPORT AND YOU INCREASE THE PRESSURE IN YOUR CAN FURTHER WEAKENING YOUR UNIT'S STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY. IF YOU WANT TO WEAR YOUR CAN OUT FASTER, THEN BY ALL MEANS WET THE SUCKER... BUT THATS AN EXPENSIVE THINK NO TO TAKE CARE OF..
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=2668 - HR 1022 Assault Weapons Ban & Law Enforcement Protection Act (2007) http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348 - Online Petition against! DO YOUR PART, WRITE YOUR DAMN REP, and DEMAND VETO!

Page generated in 0.03455 seconds with 8 queries