View Single Post
Old August 7, 2001, 03:35 PM   #19
Wild Romanian

For those of you who shoot a .220 swift with a factory barrel (not custom): If you experience foul out and groups opening up after about 20 rounds I suggest cleaning all the copper out and then using moly coated bullets. I have seen more than one factory barreled .220 swift hold its accuracy as long as 80 rounds without fouling out when switching to the moly coated bullets.

By the way the moly is easily cleaned out and does not rust your barrel. Uban legends about moly spring up faster than I can crush them.

Use a good grade of fine moly available from a bearing house like Applied industrial Tehnology (The old Bearings Inc. Co.) A small bottle will last you for years. Throw your bullets and some steel shot into a vibrator and in about 30 minutes they are done. Some of my friends are also using Hornady case lube on the molly bullets to keep from getting the moly all over their hands. The lube i am told dries on the moly coated bullets and keeps things much cleaner. I plan on getting some of this spray lube soon. W.R.

Page generated in 0.03359 seconds with 8 queries