View Single Post
Old January 30, 2013, 09:54 PM   #32
weblance

I have a lot of experience with 22 handguns. For your stated budget of $350, you wont find much in the NEW revolver category, so look to the Autoloaders. If you want a 5-6" barrel, and a decent grip, the Rugers are good, but some people, no matter how hard they try, are never happy with dis-reassembly process. Its not terrible, but there are other pistols that are much easier. The Beretta Neos for example, is very easy to field strip, and its a few dollars cheaper than the Rugers. I have 5 Ruger autoloading 22s, but am very fond of my Beretta 6" Neos. The Smith and Wesson 22a, and the Browning Buckmark are solid choices, the Smith being the lower cost of the two. The Ruger SR22P is a smaller pistol, a shorter barrel than you asked for, but does have 2 different sized grips that come with it at no extra cost. The Bersa Thunder 22 is well made, and equal in performance to the SR22P if you want to try something a little different. The comments from owners of the Walther P22 and the Sig Mosquito are not very good, reliability, and ammo sensitivity are the most common complaints, and I have no hands on experience with those 2 pistols.

Page generated in 0.02600 seconds with 8 queries