View Single Post
Old May 30, 2000, 06:47 PM   #1
hdm25

A friend of mine and I have a good-natured argument going and I'd like some more opinions. I am a civilian with no training in the use of a shotgun whatsoever, though I have owned and fired both a Benelli M1 Super 90 and a Remington 11-87 Police. He is a SWAT cop with extensive weapons training and experience. He claims that the Benelli is the king of shotguns and that anything else pales by comparison. I see little real difference between it and the 11-87P that I have or an 870. Yes, the Benelli cycles quickly, but does that really matter? Do double-taps with a shotgun that are 1/4 second faster matter at all? And tac-loading a Benelli is easier but how often, other than in a competition or other made-up scenario, does transitioning from shot to slug really happen? The 870 has it's own manual of arms, of course, and I don't really include it in this post because I have no experience with them. Anyone with their opinions of any of the three, please post something. I would like some feedback.

Page generated in 0.02844 seconds with 8 queries