View Single Post
Old July 17, 2004, 11:42 AM   #10
springfieldmaniac

Below is off their website,I thought I would post it again,it clearly states it can resist 24 hour submersion in Gun Solvents,sulphuric and hydrochloric acids and other "strong" chemicals.Anybody that has any knowledge of these acids or has worked with them before know they are a tad bit stronger than gun scrubber

I have a witness,My Father that saw the finish react to the gun scrubber and come off in front of our very eyes with a cotton rag.I don't know where they come off saying an abrasive was used.They claimed this is the first time they have seen this,So instead of giving the customer the benefit of the doubt,they decide to screw me.This is no way to run a business.In the next year or two I was planning on purchasing a 1911 pistol.They have lost far more from not correcting their defective finish then what they are saving from screwing me over.I also go by the name "tombstone" on Bladeforums.I've been on various forums since 1997 and have a history of honesty and integrity on all my dealings,trading,selling etc. If I was wrong here,I would eat the loss and accept it as a hard learning experience,but that was not the case.As others mentioned on the other forums,Go with Vang Comp,it is a better product and service.

Fluid Resistance:

ARMOR-TUFF® will meet 24-hour immersion requirements in the following fluids: aviation gasoline, hydraulic fluid, jet fuel, lubricating oils, paint removers, trichlorethylene, nitric, sulphuric and hydrochloric acids, hydrogen peroxide, gun powder solvents, common gun lubricants, strong bases such as hydroxide, and numerous other strong chemicals

A

Page generated in 0.03845 seconds with 8 queries