View Single Post
Old May 26, 2005, 09:08 PM   #26
RugerOldArmy

I've found reloading to be yet another hobby. Although I prefer to load in the winter to shoot in the spring, summer, and fall, I do load year round, even when I have ammo.

Sometimes it's the search for a perfect load. Other times it's the search for a niche-load. Rifle for example, I have .308 hunting loads, target loads for 300 or less yards (168 Gr SMK), target rounds for longer than 300 yards (175 Gr SMK), varmint rounds, and some light recoil rounds for my older son. Pistol is pretty similar. Light target rounds, target rounds that make major, classic military .45 ACP rounds, and some home defense rounds. I like to keep some of everything in stock.

I'm a single dad with two young sons. So the best thing to keep me from reloading for reloading's sake is the limit on my lockable storage. I'd say I have 1500 .308 rounds loaded, 4000 .45 ACP loaded, 2000 9mm and a case of shotgun shells.

...of course, I'm considering loading shotgun shells, and also keep a healthy stock of BP/Muzzleloading balls/minies/shot/caps/powder on hand too.

When I do go shooting, I do shoot a lot though. 100+ rifle or 500+ pistol or a case+ of shotgun shells would be average shooting session. And barring January and February, I'm usually shooting several times a month.

Page generated in 0.02710 seconds with 8 queries