View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 05:52 PM   #6
theycallmeingot

A lot of people shoot midsize guns in IDPA because of the perceived notion that you're practicing for actual scenarios that might arise where you need to defend yourself, thus they shoot the gun they would most likely be carrying on them. If you want to learn how to defend yourself, IDPA won't teach you that, so there is really no point in shooting your actual CCW gun in the match, imo.

IDPA is every bit as much of a game as USPSA is, just with different rules. With that in mind, if you're wanting to shoot it for the fun/competition value, I would shoot the most "gamey" gun I could get my hands on. a G34. But the G17 will be just fine. If I already owned the G19 i would definitely shoot it in IDPA. but since you're buying a gun "for" idpa, personally i'd go with the G17.

Just my .02.

Also, what Adamantium said about the best shooter, and disadvantaged gear is absolutely true. You may even find you have more fun doing well with the so called "disadvantaged" G19. no one will be surprised if you were to do well with a G34.

Page generated in 0.02161 seconds with 8 queries