View Single Post
Old May 26, 2000, 12:23 PM   #6
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

M3, I may be a bad one to ask about aftermarket bells, whistles, fender skirts and fuzzy dice. I'm not all that enthused about addons, feeling and thinking they do not substitute for expertise. But so many disagree.

Look at all the threads here about equipment, and how few about tactics and training. See my point? Quite a few folks here spend more on extras than ammo and range fees, a horrible mistake, IMO. And a standard 870 is one effective tool, rightoutathebox.

Hi Vis followers- I'd rather have a solid steel one I KNOW won't break, than a bright one to tell me my weapon is empty. I SHOULD know that....

Big safeties- if it's easier to take off, it's easier to have knocked off. Check serious WIHTF types with the 1911, you'll see few competition style thumb safeties on carry guns, vs sports equipment.Same idea here...

Mag extensions- Good idea for reasons other than more shots till empty. The extra weight takes some bite out of the recoil, and clamping the extension to the bbl, done properly, effectively stiffens the bbl and shrinks slug groups, oft dramatically.

Peep or "Ghost Ring" sights- nice, but not essential.

Choke and bbl work-see above.

Forcing cone work-ditto.

A properly fitted stock-essential!!

Training and practice-ditto!!

Page generated in 0.01979 seconds with 8 queries