View Single Post
Old September 23, 2006, 10:05 PM   #19
BillCA

This may, indeed, be a case of evolution in action*.

I first questioned why someone needs to walk their dog at 3:45am off their property when they have an entire acre to let scruffy poop on. Be that as it may, some serious stupidity here.

Were it me, even in my wild & younger youth, I'd have called the PD and asked them to contact me first. I'd tell the officer(s) we'd just moved in and not wanting to get off on the wrong foot with the neighbor, we wanted to set things right - apologize if we were in the wrong place and if the neighbor was wrong let him know we are willing to be gracious as it only cost us a few grey hairs in the wee hours. This way, we may actually get along in the future.

The man is 62, the kid is 19. No contest when it comes to a fight. The old man lives alone in a very small house, the kid and his family in a quite large one. This speaks of a large income disparity and possibly some "attitude" on the part of both parties. But to go argue with someone in the wee hours of the morning with someone who had a shotgun with them makes me wonder if Cote was mentally-challenged or just plain stupid.

*(c) by Charles Darwin

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries