View Single Post
Old December 3, 2008, 10:20 AM   #43
GoldenRoyBoy

Scared, but dying is scarier ---

Hello Folks,
I'm relatively new here; hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Last week, I made my routine trip to Valdez to fill up the old water tank. Here, in S. Colorado we mountaineers must haul our own water if we do not have the luxury of a water well on our property. Anyway, as I pulled in to the water station, I observed two individuals; one filling his own water tank. It's a common occurence, and one must wait his/her turn. However, as I waited the older gentleman, who happened to be the one on back the truck got down. Instead of continueing around to the driver's side and moving his truck forward, he proceeded around the other side, standing with his back to me. In other words, totalling ignoring my presense. The younger man had parked his car on the other side of the lot. The two men stood there talking, keeping me waiting for no less than 3 minutes. Yes, I know not very long; except when one has an appointment and a 30 minute drive to get there. Anyway, I probably did the wrong thing, tapping my horn. The old man turned around, glaring. He then commenced to walking toward me, stopping, standing by my DD window. I asked him politely to move his truck so I could get what I came for. He told me he wasn't moving nothing; telling me "You aren't from around here, are you! Long story short, I got out thinking by doing so we could get this whatever over with, and I'd soon be on my way. Wrong. The younger man approached me, getting in my face. I did not want to fight; keeping both hands in my pocket, one gripped on Mr. Righteous. However,I did not back down; or let him know I was scared. The young man caught on something was not right, smartly backing away. Luckily, the old man had parked his truck in such a way, I was able to swing around and back in to get to the water line. From that point on, they left me alone.

The big question; would I have used my Colt 38 Spec? Dambetterbelieveit; I think. I'm glad I'm still wondering.

**After reading the two posts trailing right after mine, I thought I'd better clarify something. I'm not one to pull, or branish any weapon as a show of "might will". And, deadly force does mean just that. So, I'm unsure if someone/ones was/were intent on beating the hell out of me, or someone I cared about, or, a total stranger for that matter just what I would do, even if the instigators were without weapons. All I can think to write is; it's better to have the option, than not. Certainly, there are consequences for any act involving violence. Lets just hope none of us have to find out which side the law will take in such an instance.

Stay safe; tote!
GRB

Last edited by GoldenRoyBoy; December 3, 2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Page generated in 0.03249 seconds with 8 queries