Thread: 1911 triggers
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2013, 04:59 PM   #24
1911Tuner

Creepy

Quote:
Well, my Series 80 Gold Cup NM had a creepy trigger which was greatly improved by master gunsmith Norm Youngblood of Tampa Florida, who blamed the creepy trigger on the Series 80 firing pin block.
Just goes to show that even master gunsmiths can be mistaken.

Quote:
He said more movement was designed into the trigger to insure the block was deactivated.
I think that he's confusing creep with pretravel...or the distance that the trigger moves before it contacts the disconnect. A little pretravel is a good thing. I like about .050 inch or so.

Creep is defined as detectable trigger movement as the sear moves away from the hammer hooks, and it's all due to the sear/hammer hook interface. Creep can be smooth or rough and it can be short or long...depending on how long the hammer hooks are, and whether there's an escape angle on the backside of the sear crown...and how far into the crown the cut is made.

Some trigger smiths even create a bit of smooth creep for certain applications known as a "rollout" break.

Creep has nothing to do with the Series 80 parts.

Page generated in 0.02228 seconds with 8 queries