View Single Post
Old July 17, 2014, 02:19 PM   #19
Jay24bal

In addition to my post on my the actual section of the law you are violating, I wanted to come back and add in my anecdotal evidence.

Since I acquired my license, I have been pulled over for various traffic offenses 5 times (I think). Here is what I have learned in those 5 times:

1. The officers have never been anything but friendly and nice, just as they would any other citizen.
2. Twice, I ended up BSing with the office after he examines my paperwork about the gun I carry and where I like to shoot at. They never went back to their squad car to run my info.
3. I have ZERO tickets in theses 5 encounters.
4. Twice, I have come upon a DUI Checkpoint while carrying, and as soon as they see me hand them two licenses, they wave me through as they assume I am not drinking since it is illegal to do so while carrying in OH.

Basically what I am trying to say is that my interactions with officers have not gotten any worse, and have actually improved since receiving my permit. They realize (I'm guessing here, I am not an officer) that I am one of the "good guys" who is trying to follow the law, who has been through a background check, and who has been officially trained on the safe use of a firearm.

Go get a license.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "

Page generated in 0.02105 seconds with 8 queries