View Single Post
Old October 13, 2013, 03:01 PM   #47
Nick_C_S

M1ke10191: Power Pistol makes bullets go fast. I know that sounds rudimentary, but it really does.

It's basically in the same "speed envelope" (my term) as the very popular HS-6. Yet it will often create velocities at the low end of its load window that are equal to the high end of HS-6's load window. (HS-6 is a good powder with a lot of personality itself, but that's another thread.)

Like everything in life, there's a trade off. HS-6 is known for its pressure stability. It gives warnings before it will pressure spike. Can't say the same for Power Pistol. And as I just learned from 57K in this thread, it is a derivative of Bullseye - which is somewhat concerning that it "shares genes" with B'eye. Not that there's anything wrong with Bullseye (another thread in itself too), but it's a very fast and spikey powder. Granted, P'P'stl is slower than B'eye, but it probably shares some of that spikeyness with it.

And as 57K has made abundantly clear over various posts: P'P'stl is very flashy. I completely agree - it produces flame-thrower rounds. If you're goal is to produce defense rounds for possible low-light use, skip the Power Pistol.

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries