View Single Post
Old August 10, 2011, 08:59 AM   #12
tynimiller

To be 100% honest yes I do...but not the way you may imagine. I've been on the beating end of some "Harolds" in my life enough to know 9 times out of 10 those with the high dollar equipment are not the ones you have to watch out for...their just the ones with the money. Great story about this was when I was about 12 years old and we were going squirrel hunting on some public ground...I with my little single shot old school Marlin 22 rifle with a walmart special scope (pops had his 22 as well) We come across two guys stomping out of the woods, one with a decked out obvious high dollar 22 rifle, I just remember thinking the scope looked like a telescope, and the other a shotgun with 1 mutilated squirrel (obviously shot at a pretty close range with the shotgun).

Through the course of our conversation we learn they hunted for about 2 hours, made tons of shots up into the trees but only got one...then, kid you not, the one snickers and says..."Kid, if you wanna squirrel hunt you gotta get a gun and a scope that can actually shoot accurately...(tapping his 22 rifle)" Now mind you he's the one that didn't get one...

...It was like God was listening and wanted to put this guy in his place. Next thing I know Dad has spotted a squirrel on an old fence post about 50 yards away, I immediately kneel, prop, pop off the safety, find it in my scope and squeeze: Dead squirrel.

"Looks like his works just fine" My dad says as we walk away from the idiots...priceless!

Page generated in 0.03942 seconds with 8 queries