View Single Post
Old August 12, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1
revance

3rd GunVault died in 4 years... I'm DONE

I'm done with GunVaults... I have now had 3 fail on me in less than 4 years.

First one was a multi-deluxe that went crazy flashing its light when nobody was pressing the buttons and locked itself out. I figured out that it only happened when it was plugged in, so I continued using it on battery power (mistake, more on this one later) .

Second one was a microvault where the keypad stopped working. Sometimes they would work, sometimes they wouldn't, sometimes you would get half way through your code and they would stop working. This happened 13 months after purchase. I emailed GunVault and never got a response.

Next the cable that attaches the motor to the spring in my multi-deluxe broke... what a RIDICULOUS design.

Last, ANOTHER microvault that was purchased a little after my first one (about 15 months old) had the same thing happen. Buttons no longer work. This one stopped working while I was in PA. I was visiting my grandfather in a VA hospital (federal property) and locked it in my car... sadly I didn't bring a key with me so I was left without a pistol for the rest of the trip and my drive home.

I am DONE messing with these things. I have owned 3 in 4 years and all 3 have broken. I would recommend NOBODY trust their lives to these things.

NOTE: Both MicroVaults have the new style buttons.

Page generated in 0.04170 seconds with 8 queries