View Single Post
Old June 30, 2013, 09:42 PM   #36
Metal god

Quote:
The way the OP is worded makes it seem that you thought a 308 is far more accurate. I don't think there is any doubt that it offers an edge in accuracy. The real debate is how much, and does it really matter to the individual shooter.
Yes that is what I was taking from the quote . ( the 308 is 30% more accurate ) and that just did not seem right so I asked here . When you put up the numbers you just did . How you explained it makes much more sense
Quote:
for bench rest shooters their goal is .1". It takes a rifle 10X more accurate, and many simply cannot conceive the difference.
Although not new to firearms I am some what new to shooting with extreme accuracy . I forget some times that there are guys out there that the .1 moa is a big deal and can notice it . I don't think I'll every be that good or even want to try but there was a point that I thought shooting a soda can at 100yds was accurate . Now If I'm not putting the round through the mouth of the can I'm not happy so maybe some day I'll try to get that .1 moa difference out of my firearms .

Page generated in 0.03459 seconds with 8 queries