Thread: TAURUS
View Single Post
Old June 1, 2013, 08:15 AM   #2
chaim

They do not. They may be able to do some modifications if you asked, don't know, you'd have to ask

There are smiths who work on Taurus so you may be able to have something done custom in the aftermarket. I would love the gun you are talking about, but I don't see Taurus doing it any time soon. Maybe check with some of the gunsmiths who do work on Taurus and see if they can modify the barrel and cylinder of a .44mag Tracker. Though, even if it can be done, I doubt it would be worth the expense. I think they did the Tracker for a couple years in .45LC so if you could find one you would just have to cut down the barrel (good luck finding one though). The 450 is a 2" .45LC on the same frame as the Tracker, but they discontinued it about 5 years ago and they have become very hard to find on the used market. You may be happy with the 2" if you find one, or you may be able to have the 4" or 6" barrel from a .45ACP Tracker (they made them a few years) put on the 450 and then trimmed to 3". That last option is also probably more trouble and expense than it is worth.

My more realistic and cost effective solutions:
-Get a 450 if I find it and live with the 2" barrel.
-Keep an eye out for a nice 3" Taurus 431 in .44Spl (similar in power to the .45LC).
-Get a .44mag Tracker, shoot it with .44spl or downloaded .44mag handloads. Consider having it cut to 3".

Last edited by chaim; June 1, 2013 at 08:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.02275 seconds with 8 queries