View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Chief Brody

Thanks for the kind words, guys - This 870 really does stand out from the crowd of blacked-out howitzers with all kinds of accessories hanging off of them. At the class I attended today, the only other gun with wooden furniture was a 1960s Stevens/Savage 16-gauge with a long barrel (all in good fun, he got ripped on all day for bringing grandpa's gun haha) I handled a couple of synthetic-stocked shotguns when I was shopping around, but they just weren't for me. I love the old-fashioned, yet entirely functional and businesslike appearance of the 870P. It's got some nice weight to it, feels great to shoot.

Came home exhausted from that class, had a really great time, too. Learned a ton, left feeling MUCH more confident with the weapon. Looking forward to the next one, whenever that may be - Not a lot of options here (Long Island, NY).

I have to plug S&J Hardware, the maker of the detachable side saddle you see in the picture above. That thing got a real workout today and it was a real asset. Adds zero weight to the gun, and you can just rip it off if you don't need it or you want to reload it off of the gun. S&J also made the jumbo head safety I've got, as well as the high-vis green delrin follower. All worked great today while shooting 250+ rounds.

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries