View Single Post
Old July 28, 2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Mello2u

I had to do a search on MOUT. I assume it means Military Operations in Urban Terrain.

The only experience I have with three dimensional targets that gave feedback when shot was at Gunsite. They had three dimensional head and torso (can't remember if they had arms) targets that were hung on an interior support. The 3D targets where hung on the support in such a way that a common balloon was used to hold the target in place. If the shot hit the balloon the target fell. The target material was some sort of rubber or plastic. It could take a few hundred hits before it was in need of replacement.

The target could be clothed or not as desire.

This really was a great teaching tool to show how shooting center of mass was not merely hitting the sternum. It depended on the position which you encountered the target. The target could be angled and you needed to imagine where the center of mass was inside of the target.

The feed back was instantaneous too. If you shot well the target went down.
" Frederic Bastiat

Page generated in 0.03432 seconds with 8 queries