View Single Post
Old December 20, 2018, 07:55 PM   #15
JDF1985

This is a super duper old thread now but I think the issue is still occuring and I wish this thread had popped up on google when I was first looking.

I, too, have had a less than fantastic experience with Richard Brengman at special interest arms. I wanted to get ahold of one of the 22TCM -> 9mm 'novem' kits he does for the rock island 22TCM rifle. This involves some light barrel machining, removal of some material on the bolt, and some dremeling on the feed ramp to make the rifle eject 9mm reliably. I asked him about turnaround time and was quoted about a month, which is fine. I sent off my parts from my 22TCM and a check and waited a month. After a month had gone by with no parts or communication from Richard I contacted him, at which time he informed me that he needed to delay production by an *additional* 1-3 months on top of the month already gone by. I informed him that I'd be OK with that if he could commit to having it done within 1 additional month, otherwise I needed my parts back (shipped at my expense) and a refund of whatever funds were left over after that was done. Since that time I've had radio silence. At this point I am not sure whether I will be getting my original 22 TCM parts back, a completed kit as ordered, or nothing at all. It's now been about 6 months longer than he promised me, and he has stopped responding to my emails.

Before he stopped responding to emails he actually said he has sold his machining equipment now, so I'm sure my chance of getting anything out of this mess is pretty close to zero...

Lesson learned - if you do business at all with this outfit do it with paypal or some method by which you can file a dispute and retrieve your funds. I am basically at the mercy of this guy unless I drive down there and file a small claims court case, which I am almost annoyed enough to do.

Page generated in 0.03510 seconds with 8 queries