Thread: The 243 Anyone?
View Single Post
Old April 8, 2007, 10:01 PM   #25
rem33

WOW FF ya gots me thurrely confused. I don't want or need to be trying to figger all that out especially in the field.
I guess thats one reason I shoot em in the bread basket and destroy their lungs or heart. Works good for me several dozen times over. I have a circle the diameter of all you spoke of above to hit. I have killed deer I doubt I would have had I taken time to get that picture perfect shot in it's neck but I know if I hit em right behind that shoulder it works and I have 3 or 4 inche radius in any direction, from perfect.
It is a great idea to know all that info, all hunter/shooters should know what their rifle will do at what distance but to me it's not for in the field unless your taking very long shots, lots of practice, range finders etc.

My '06 is 1 1/2-2 inches high at 100 yards and I am good with that as far as I should be shooting without an extremely steady rest and then crosshairs level with the back works good to well over 300 and that is far enough for me or I don't shoot.

Not bashing you here all that is good knowledge we should all know I have read and reread that stuff many times.

Page generated in 0.02726 seconds with 8 queries