View Single Post
Old July 31, 2011, 01:18 AM   #2
Lost Sheep

Call Lee Precision

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigante
Ramshot Powders Through a Lee Pro Auto Disk
Hi Everyone, I would like to try some loads using Ramshot powders, True Blue and Silhouette to be exact, but Ramshot powders are not listed in the capacity chart that comes with the measure. I checked Lee's PDF to see if there might be an updated version, but there was not. Is there a chart out there somewhere, or will I just have to do the experiments myself to determine which disk to use for the charge weights in which I'm interested. Thank you very much in advance for any input you could provide.
While I am one of those who claim you CAN reload without owning a scale (using the Lee dippers and the charging tables as your weight guide), I also advocate using a scale as your final verification and confirmation of your actual dropped charge weight before finishing any cartridge if at all possible.

Until Lee Precision makes available an updated charging data table. I would call their support people (or email them, they have always (all three times) responded to me promptly with answers. It helps to be VERY specific with your questions, though.)

Good Luck.

I was advised that the Ramshot powders, being spherical, meter well in the Auto-Disk (and, by implication in the dippers, too). I have not verified this for myself, though.

If you MUSt load before Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps someone who owns some of the powders you have on hand and happen to have some Lee dippers might be kind enough to weigh out some charges for you if you tell them which set of dippers you have and the weight range in which you are interested. Early Lee dippers were numbered. Current ones are labelled in cubic centimeters (cc's) and I think some sets might have been labelled in cubic inches. So, be VERY careful about the decimal point.

Lost Sheep

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.03548 seconds with 8 queries