View Single Post
Old November 19, 2006, 01:49 PM   #1
garryc

Post restart Obese BG's Minus the racist junk

Freetacos said;

Quote:
Obese bg's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Americans become increasingly obese, should law abiding citizens in the US consider using increasingly powerful loads to defend themselves from rotound assailants?
In responce to body build of former inmates.

Many young inmates tend to work out a great deal. Basically, you have men with no place to vent anger or sexuality. Men who are used to acting aggressively. They burn that testosterone by lifting, often to exhaustion.
As far as penetration is concerned, I would concern myself with muscle mass over fat mass do to density. I read an article once that stated a cop shot a guy 5 times with reduced recoil #4 buckshot at ranges of 10-20 yards. He hit front back and side. None of the pellets penetrated the thoracic cavity. The perp was just released from prison and was very solid with a fat index of about 8%.
Fat, being of low desity and the cels being mostly water, is easily pushed aside by a bullet. Now figure that the bad guy has his adrenilin pumping so his muscles are rigid. The question is, How much of the bullets energy is taken up by that muscle in that state? I don't think you could test it except maybe by taking a very extensive survey from hunters as to the condition of the animal at the moment of impact and direct examination of wounds.

Page generated in 0.04331 seconds with 8 queries