View Single Post
Old February 24, 2008, 07:48 PM   #11
Deaf Smith

Magnum,

If you are going to carry a revolver, especially a J snubbie, I suggest you do alot of DA practice. I do mean a lot. It's a very hard gun to master. Once in a IDPA match I ran, I had a J .38 as the supprise gun everyone was going to have to shoot a stage with. Light power reloads. I asked if everyone knew how to shoot one. They all answered yes. Well to make a long story short, well over half of them (we are talking over 20 guys) missed the target! A few even missed the backstop (which pissed me off royaly.)

As for double taps and such, practice several types of fire. Single shots, doubles, emptying the gun. Especialy practice one handed shooting with the little hand cannons.

I practice with both a J 34 kit gun, 2 inch, in .22 lr, and a Smith 640 .357 (with .38s) quite often. And to practice drawing from concealment, I have a ASP red .38 J 'chiefs' that fits my hosters. As you can see I am dedicated to being good with that little gun!

My two carry guns now are a Glock 27 and a Smith 642 .38. If it's possible, I carry the Glock, if for some reason I can't conceal the 27, then the J rides on me and the 27 is in the car console.

Deaf

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries