View Single Post
Old December 26, 2008, 10:38 PM   #16
crowbeaner

When I look at the current prices of component bullets, the Sierra Pro Hunter flatbase is still the best of the bunch for bullets under a quarter apiece. What a .30 caliber 150 grain at 2700 to 2900 FPS does on deer has to be witnessed to believe. The Remington CoreLokt is a great bullet, and they will do the job on 99% of the game you shoot with them. I'm lucky in that my rifle likes several different bullets and powders, and I have worked up very accurate loads with most. If I see a deal on a box or 3 of what I use, I buy them. There are many premium bullets on the market, and if I had to choose just one, it would be the Nosler Partiton because it is the bullet that most bullet's performance is judged by. They simply don't fail, and put where they need to go, they make many species of game very dead in short order. I have 4 boxes of Speer Grand Slams that I traded for, and they'll probably have long white whiskers before they ever go down the barrel simply because I have different ammo already loaded. At $.75 apiece, I'll have to book a moose hunt somewhere to do them justice. The Sierras and CoreLokts will kill everything I shoot until then.

Page generated in 0.02963 seconds with 9 queries