View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 09:21 PM   #15
bedbugbilly

I'm not trying to get in the middle of this "fray" . . . but the OP mentions "ballistic gel" . . . . I'm just curious . . . just what is the type of "show" you are filming and wanting to air? Is it to promote the safe use of and the enjoyment of muzzleloading . . . or is it another "shock" type show to show the effects of the weapons on human flesh?

It seems to me there is enough "sensationalism" already. If it is to show the safe use of and the promotion of the hobby, fine. If not . . . well . . . draw your own conclusions. Having participated in individual and team competition as well as live fire cannon competition (as well as mortar) . . . the last thing I'd want is somebody with a camera trying to get film while in an unsafe position.

I go back to my original question . . . just what is this presentation intended to show? No information is given in regards to who is sponsoring this filming, who is involved, the intended use or the channel/media/station that it will be shown on. Again . . . "ballistics gel"??? Sorry, but that isn't a normal part of competition shooting or even casual/informal shoots.

No disrespect intended towards the OP . . . but with very few posts . . . I would think a more explicit explanation would be in order before "jumping on the bandwagon". There is already enough "Rambo" mentality which gives the shooting hobby a bad rap without adding fuel to the fire. There are a number of organizations and events at which this type of thing could be arranged if they wish to accept the liability and that is up to them. The "time line" that is being discussed seems to be on the "disorganized" side so perhaps to be fair, the OP could give a more clear explanation as to what he is trying to show and what the intended purpose is? Just my 2 cents.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03258 seconds with 8 queries