View Single Post
Old January 25, 2010, 05:51 PM   #23
PJR

Quote:
Come on, now, let's play fair... a Beretta 390 is not the gun for your test. Let's start with something that has some significant recoil. The B-390 starts out as one of the lowest recoiling stick guns around, and you wonder why you couldn't detect the difference with a ported barrel. The difference is going to be very subtle in that gun.
Quote:
IMHO, porting is not a gimmick, it's applied physics.
Zippy, these two posts by you are contradictory. If it's applied physics than the physics should apply equally regardless of the gun.

Sure the 390 is a soft shooting gun but if there is a reduction of the scale you and others claim it should be felt with the 390 as much as any other gun. The physics of a one ounce load versus a 1-1/8 load are noticeable in a 390. If the porting difference is so "subtle" that I couldn't notice it then why bother having the work done.

I've owned ported guns and think the benefits are minimal to non-existent. The 390 comparison was the closest I could come to a fair test because all other factors were equal. I've also shot a ported MX8 that is similar (although not identical) to mine and wasn't sold on the expense of having my gun ported.

If recoil reduction is the objective money is better spent on proper stock fit. That has made a noticeable difference on my guns including the soft shooting semi-autos.

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries