View Single Post
Old October 7, 2013, 08:13 AM   #8
Vireye

I have several training books I used to train my guys, one of which was provided to me by FEMA/DHS, with a nice-sized Citizen Corps logo on it. Once you read the guide you can take an online test and become certified by FEMA.

Its preparation for a plethora of scenarios that one could (But, God-willing, won't) encounter.

The table of contents is thus:

Part 1: Basic Preparedness

Part 2: Natural Hazards (Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms, extreme heat and cold, earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides, tsunamis, fires, wildfires)

Part 3: Technological Hazards (Hazardous Material Incidents, Household Chemical Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plants)

Part 4: Terrorism (General info, explosions, biological threats, chemical threats, nuclear blast, radiological dispersion device, homeland security advisement system)

Part 5: Recovering From Disaster

The rest of the book consists of a family disaster plan outline, water conservation tips, and a disaster supplies checklist.

The idea of it all is to have entire communities receive this basic training and know what to do should any of the above occur, in an effort to prevent complete chaos due to a large population and only a relatively small force of first responders.

Its an excellent resource and I'd recommend it to anyone. And no I am not a Government drone.

Page generated in 0.02301 seconds with 8 queries